Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move job before mortgage draw down?

Options
  • 25-07-2018 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I recently signed my mortgage documents with the solicitor. However, the house is a new build and building has just begun, so the earliest the house will be built is January. Is there anyone that has moved job in between approval and draw down and if the timeframe is more than 6 months, have the banks looked for recent documents from your employer? What are people's experiences? I am looking to move job sooner rather than later as I am on crap pay.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

I recently signed my mortgage documents with the solicitor. However, the house is a new build and building has just begun, so the earliest the house will be built is January. Is there anyone that has moved job in between approval and draw down and if the timeframe is more than 6 months, have the banks looked for recent documents from your employer? What are people's experiences? I am looking to move job sooner rather than later as I am on crap pay.

Talk to your lender, not all banks have the same policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭MSVforever

We are in a similar situation. Our house was meant to be completed in September but there were issues on the building site. The revised completion date is December now.
    As a result we have to apply for a mortgage offer extension. The bank wants new payslips, salary certs and current / saving account statements.

If I were you I would not change the job before drawdown as the bank might not extend your mortgage offer letter (they're
    only valid for 6 months).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I was talking to an EA a while back. He had a house sale agreed. The buyer moved jobs before draw down.
    Because he was on probation, the bank pulled the mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

If you changed jobs during the mortgage approval period, then you can get under the radar. Little to no chance of pulling this off if you need an extension. If I were you I would just wait until drawdown to change jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,051 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

You will almost certainly not be allowed draw down while on probation. I changed job myself recently and we've been told we can't draw down until after probation. Probably set us back a couple of months but the job is worth it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement