Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android box with Sat Tuner

Options
  • 25-07-2018 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

At the moment underneath my telly is a free to air box, a mag box and an android box.
    I'm wondering if there is an android box available in Ireland that would replace the three of them.
    It would need to be user friendly as older members of the household would need to able to operate it.
    All suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Nvidia Shield with a decent iptv sub and stb emu installed.

Job done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Thanks but I would prefer to keep the satellite free to air set-up for the older members in the house. They only watch BBC ITV Channel 4 and a couple more and the Irish channels on saorview.
    I have a sports only IPTV sub

Wetek boxes do what you're after. They used to be fairly average as android boxes, though. Maybe the newer models are better.

http://wetek.com/ww/en/

Basil3 wrote:
    Wetek boxes do what you're after. They used to be fairly average as android boxes, though. Maybe the newer models are better.

Thanks I'll take a look. If anyone here has any experience with them I like to hear from them. I'd be interested to know if they're easy to set up and are user friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Job done.[/quote. Agree,I have it great, with a decent iptv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

Job done.[/quote. Agree,I have it great, with a decent iptv,,iptv I have had Irish and all English etc,plus all sports USA English etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Think the formuler s mini has a sat tuner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

I reckon the Mecool Kiii Pro is what you are wanting. I have it on my to buy list.

It comes with both cable and sat tuner as found in the Wetek (unlike the Wetek Play were you have to choose sat or cable tuner). There is a pre-installed DTV app for Freesat and Saorview.

There are roms available on freaktab from Superceleron for both normal android and Android TV.

I cant wait to pick one up!

branners69 wrote:
    There are roms available on freaktab from Superceleron for both normal android and Android TV.

Could you explain this please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Could you explain this please

Check out freaktab.com ( you may need to register) for customised Roms.

• Advertisement
Advertisement