Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Data Access Request from ex employee

Options
  • 25-07-2018 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi there,

Hoping you can help. We have had a data access request from an ex employee who has also started an unfair dismissal claim against us, (unfounded I assure you) ....this has all come through a solicitors letter today.

I am a little confused around exactly what data I need to provide them with, I assume its all paperwork on her personnell file, details held on payroll system, personal details, email, phone etc. What I am wondering is do I need to send them copies of any email every that the persons name was mentioned in? Do I send texts also? This would be massively time consuming and as a very small company and only me looking after HR and admin etc I don't know how I would be able to get all of that for them as Im away from next week on 2 weeks holidays.

I would really appreciate any advice or if anyone has had similar requests how did you deal with it?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I can't speak for the specifics but you would be best off engaging with your own solicitor. Failing to produce something or not following to the T could cause you more hassle and liability down the line. They may even tell you that the claim is unfounded and be able to nip it in the bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭CD2017

ironclaw wrote: »
    I can't speak for the specifics but you would be best off engaging with your own solicitor. Failing to produce something or not following to the T could cause you more hassle and liability down the line. They may even tell you that the claim is unfounded and be able to nip it in the bud.

I’ve made an appointment with our solicitor for tomorrow afternoon , you’re right there is no point in taking risks with it. Thanks

Advertisement