Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky UK Hub in Ireland

Options
  • 25-07-2018 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭

Stuck with Sky BB for the time being and wanted to use a better router as I have the old sr102 which offers very little.
    I picked up a UK Sky Q Hub ER115 for the cost of postage. Tried it this evening but not connecting. Is there something different in the firmware that wouldn't allow the use in Ireland?
    Only difference I can see from my basic knowledge is that the Hub 2 is using PPPoE while the 3.0 is trying to use PPPoA.
    Is this the reason and any way of changing it?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

there's also different Vlans in play, it wont work.

Why didnt you buy a Q hub for Sky ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭stesaurus

I just didn't consider it tbh. Makes sense when you think about it but I just assumed it would be plug and play. It cost nothing anyway so not a major deal.

Is there any firmware I can flash it with that would make it usable in Ireland? Or any variant of DD WRT etc.?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

stesaurus wrote: »
    I just didn't consider it tbh. Makes sense when you think about it but I just assumed it would be plug and play. It cost nothing anyway so not a major deal.

Is there any firmware I can flash it with that would make it usable in Ireland? Or any variant of DD WRT etc.?

It looks from your post you paid €115, no you wont be able to flash it yourself to get it working here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭stesaurus

It looks from your post you paid €115, no you wont be able to flash it yourself to get it working here.

Haha no ER115 is the model number of the Hub!

Ah well, paper weight it is so

Advertisement