Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having plumbers in and is this ok?

Options
  • 24-07-2018 11:14pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I'm having my internal bathroom done. Standard 8'x7' internal modern bathroom done. New bath, sink unit and tiling.
    To say it hasn't been going right is an understatement. The job is by "pros" and we're paying pro prices. But that's not my issue.

Last week, tuesday, they took away boxing from the rear of the toilet pan. The bowl was dislodged but reset so we could use it. Since then the foul pipe has been leaking.
    Today the company rebuilt the boxing but there's still evidence of leaking. More now then ever. Here's some pics...
    What you see here is the left of the toilet with the new boxing and already the damp (piss water) is showing.
    29750121748_2ba6733947_z.jpg

This has been seeping out for a week, the new boxing went in only today.

My question: will foul water have seeped under the tiles? Is this acceptable?

29750121228_88ec81c9cc_z.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Just to add- they're expecting to tile over this tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

It looks like the toilet has only been temporarily placed in that position as there is no tiling on the wall yet, presuming the wall behind the toilet will also be tiled (as it should be!). When its taken back out for final fitting they should be using new connectors between the toilet and the pipe.
    Have you not raised your concerns with the fitters?
    Really shouldn't be any leaks though, regardless of the temporary fit.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

We have said it repeatedly. And in fairness that's his excuse too- temp set and tiling to be finished.

Advertisement