Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Modem/Router

Options
  • 24-07-2018 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Long story short I upgraded from sky to sky Q about 7 weeks ago. My download speed has dropped from a very reliable 70mbps to 40ish (powerline adapter on pc). The wireless download speeds seem ok but it drops out quite often for a few seconds. This never happened with the old router.

Sky made some changes to the router but it didnt help. They dropped it from a max DL speed to a lower stable rate.

I aware of the terms and conditions of the sky router etc etc but I was wondering if its just a matter of swapping out the sky router for a new better one? What router would you recommend if so? budget of €150<

I have read a little about bridging. Is this a better solution?

Thanks
    All

Advertisement