Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9 or iPhone X

Options
  • 24-07-2018 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Hi all

As the title suggests I am due an upgrade (currently have an iPhone 6) and am a lifelong Apple user. I know there may be people out there who've recently changed from Apple to Samsung and I am just looking to get some opinions on whether it's been worth the move to an S9 over an iPhone.

Thanks for the help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭nigwerwig

It's an easy swap staying with Apple.
    Android has got slot easier to use the last few years.i just couldn't pay or use any apple products but I do see how easy they are to use but very restricted
    I'd go for s9 as I use apps that dont work on iOS.

The two are like apples and oranges :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

S9 all day. But if you are leaning towards the X there will be a new iPhone released this year if you can wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I went from a 7+ to a Razer, no regrets. Android is a hell of a lot better than it used to be, can't give out about it, trouble free just like Apple.
    Anyone that buys a phone with a notch is a clown they shouldn't be encouraging a step backwards. It's not the future it's bullcrap, it was rushed to market and spun as a feature and fanboys bought into it.

S9 all the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

The only question you need to ask is Android or iOS. You won't go wrong with either of those phones no matter what the answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anyone that buys a phone with a notch is a clown they shouldn't be encouraging a step backwards.

Androids have notches too you know. I have one on my phone and can easily disable it if I wanted. It isn't an eyesore and doesn't get in the way of any function.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Thanks for all the replies folks, going to wait and see what the new iPhone X brings next month and make a call there! S9 is working out a lot cheaper though for essentially a similar spec phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭morritty

i Went 7+ to S8, iOS just got boring, the same thing every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 domin0311

i would wait for pixel 3 xl

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

I had iphones every year since day one and i have a iPhone X which i don't use anymore gathering dust. I decided to try a S9+ and have to say it's an amazing phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

I was Apple always but couldn't justify the battery issues within less than a year of getting a phone. Changed to S8 this time last year, never looked back. Android way better than it used to be. My 5 year old iPad packed up this year too and I went Samsung there too.

Apple no longer justifies the premium imo

Advertisement