Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golfers in East Cork

Options
  • 24-07-2018 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi lads,
    Im 30 now and been playing golf on and off since i was around 8. I haven't played in a few years now between work and family. Im not bad but not great either, don't have a handicap and really want to get back into it. Preferably weekly if not more. So playing on my own is boring plus I have no rights on the golf course. So wondering if there's anyone here in a similar situation that wants to get out for a few games. In and around east cork area but can travel within reason. Looking forward to replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,270 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Are you considering membership or is it just to pay n play? I only get out at weekends for comps , but if looking at membership there's another recent thread with East Cork as location

• Registered Users Posts: 25 tommynsr150

Mushy wrote: »
    Are you considering membership or is it just to pay n play? I only get out at weekends for comps , but if looking at membership there's another recent thread with East Cork as location

Pay and play for now with a view to a membership looking for some peopls similar to play with who's getting back into it or already plays and would like to have a few rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭bailey99

East Cork and Waterrock would be good bets. Castlemartyr are open for membership. All these places you can put your name on the timesheet and fall in with people. Golfers tend to be friendly enough and happy enough on the golf course, so good way to get to know others at a club. Best way to get to know them is to join.

I'd imagine most clubs would let you out for a complimentary round if you are genuinely interested about joining. They would probably pair you up with some other members for the round too.

Advertisement