Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Limerick be added as a rent pressure zone?

Options
  • 24-07-2018 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Any sign of this happening in Limerick?

Rents have gone through the roof in the past few years, very hard to get anything apart from a sh¡tbox for less than €1000 pm at the moment.

Our own rent has doubled in the last 4 years.

I'm not saying that it will fix all the rent issues but it would be nice to know that it isn't going to increase by €500 the next time the renewal is up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Arrival

I don't understand why it wasn't added with the others, there are ****holes being listed for €1,100+ at the moment. Disgusting greed, I'd be embarrassed to be trying to get so much money out of some of the places on the market at the moment, the standard of apartments here is cringeworthy. They're all just thrown together with the aim to just rent them to whoever will take them rather than being built to a high standard and quality for people to actually buy and live in them and enjoy a life within the city centre. This culture really needs to change, there's nobody in the city centre in the evenings due to it and because of this there's nothing to do in the city centre.

Limerick still has a strong chance to develop itself right and not make the same mistakes Dublin and Cork have, to actually create a dense city centre population and living districts, but I'm not very hopeful with how bad at future planning we seem to be

Advertisement