Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Felt Roof Shingles/Tiles

Options
  • 24-07-2018 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Hoping some of you might be able to point me in the right direction.

About to put together a wooden playhouse for my daughter.
    I've treated the panels including roof with cuprinol.

I wanted to do a little more on the roof to protect it though.
    I had thought to put some felt roof shingles/tiles on it to help the worst of the rain run off but I can't seem to find them anywhere. I had a look in all the bricks and mortar places locally and have found some english sites that supply them but they don't deliver to Ireland.

Would anyone know where I could get some similar to the ones in the below link or suggest an alternative for helping to slightly weather proof the roof? I realise it probably wont last a very long time anyway but anything i can do to give it a bit of a fighting chance would be good.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Thank you
    Z

Felt Tile
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=felt+roof+tiles&safe=active&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjWhPGlxrfcAhWFL1AKHSqiBGAQ_AUICygC&biw=1280&bih=893

Playhouse
    http://www.wooden-playhouse.co.uk/tp-meadow-cottage-wooden-playhouse-page.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭stiofan85

I've seen shingles in B&Q in Liffey Valley.

I have a bunch left over from a log cabin that would probably cover a child's playhouse. You can have them for free if you want. I'm based in Dublin 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Zadkiel

Thanks a million Stiofan

That's really decent of you, I may take you up on that.

Much appreciated.

Z

Advertisement