Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling Hardwood Forrest

Options
  • 24-07-2018 2:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Looking to sell part of my hardwood woodland about 5 acres. It's fully mature, mostly alder, birch and a bit of Ash. Any idea how to cost it or what it would be worth standing

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Vittu

GAVINCC wrote: »
    Looking to sell part of my hardwood woodland about 5 acres. It's fully mature, mostly alder, birch and a bit of Ash. Any idea how to cost it or what it would be worth standing

Hard to put a price on it as the demand for hardwoods is low. Potential buyer would need location (county or townland) and what is access like if timber were to be extracted. Ash might be sold for hurley butts if suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

GAVINCC wrote: »

Would love to see a picture. Planting similar trees next year.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

OP try any sawmills local to you, they may be interested in the ash, if it's mature ash it wouldn't be suitable for hurleys, the birch and alder could also be planked but more than likely it will end up as firewood. Some pictures would be great

Advertisement