Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reflective Helmet Stickers for France

Options
  • 23-07-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Are reflective helmet stickers a requirement for driving in France? I can't find a definitive answer.

I don't like the idea of sticking things to the helmet, except for the GoPro that is.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

Reflective stickers only reqd on local helmets - those bought in France.
    Hi-vis jkt mandatory, not whilst riding but whilst on the roadside broken down.
    Breathalyser reqd but no fine if you don't have one
    CE-rated gloves must be worn when riding.
    New lower speed limits have come into force recently 90kph to 80kph AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Itineoman

Are reflective helmet stickers a requirement for driving in France? I can't find a definitive answer.

I don't like the idea of sticking things to the helmet, except for the GoPro that is.

I posted a similar question on here a few weeks ago and was told it only applies to new helmets sold in France. After 6000km in the meantime in France and a few other countries I can certainly say its not an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭two wheels good

You should have your registration document with you. I carry a photocopy.
    Spare bulb kits are mandatory for drivers. I don't think it applies to motorbikes but I can't imagine you'd ever be asked.
    If you're planning to travel a lot of minor roads it's worth being familiar with prioite a droite signs - triangle with a black x, yellow diamond.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭spray____

If you're planning to travel a lot of minor roads it's worth being familiar with prioite a droite signs - triangle with a black x, yellow diamond.

I'd say. Had never heard of that before so I looked it up: https://www.france-pub.com/forum/2012/04/14/priority-to-the-right-2/

One of those + a roundabout + uninformed rider = accident waiting to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

• Advertisement
Advertisement