Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling with an infant on Aerlingus and booking seats?

Options
  • 23-07-2018 1:50pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,486 Mod ✭✭✭✭

We will soon be travelling on Aerlingus with our almost 3 year old.

She will have her own seat, but now we see that you have to pay extra if you want to select a seat a few weeks in advance. It is only free from 30 hours before the flight!

So is it generally ok to wait until the free seat selection opens 30 hours before the flight? Or is there a chance that all the seats together might already be booked and she might have to sit on her own!

I mean I don't mind some other poor folks having to deal with my 3 year old for a few hours while I doze down the back, but they might not enjoy it so much!! :D

Also we are hoping to bring both a small folding buggy and a hiking style baby carrier. The Aerlingus site says you can check the buggy for free, but doesn't mention anything about carriers? Do we check that too? Will it cost more? Or can we bring it into the airport as far as the gate?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

bk wrote: »
    So is it generally ok to wait until the free seat selection opens 30 hours before the flight? Or is there a chance that all the seats together might already be booked and she might have to sit on her own!

Completely depends on demand. Get in there exactly 30 hours before the flight time and you have a good chance but you could still find no row of three free.

The fear factor is what makes people pay for advance seat selection, the airlines are all too well aware of this, especially at peak holiday times when family groups are travelling and want to be seated together. Though some teenagers would happily sit at the opposite end of the plane to the parents!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

bk wrote:
    I mean I don't mind some other poor folks having to deal with my 3 year old for a few hours while I doze down the back, but they might not enjoy it so much!!

You won't be separated form your child, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Aer Lingus online check in by design will try to seat everyone together when possible

Check in as soon as the 30 hour window appears

Advertisement