Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camper van insurance

Options
  • 23-07-2018 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭

Do camper vans have to strictly be insured as a camper van, or can they be insured as a normal van?

Dolmens and Stuarts seem to be the only 2 providers, and it seems most brokers use them. Neither will talk to someone under 25 without having a licence for 5 years and a no claims for 5 years.

I expected it to be more expensive, but a complete inability to get a quote is very frustrating.

Is it legal to insure it as a normal vehicle? I would assume to contents are uninsured in that case, but at least I'd be able to drive.

Alternatively, does anyone know if other European countries have decent campervan insurance options?

Thanks

Advertisement