Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DHW zone ended up with + 3 rads on it which I didnt want

Options
  • 23-07-2018 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭

Two zones:

Gas Boiler central heating setup.

Water - DHW zone (and 3 unplanned rads)

Living Zone all Rads and no water.

Two motorised valves near boiler

The installation was done in winter but the zone mish mash became apparent in summer when water zone was switched on and some rads came on.

It a house with converted attic and extension so bits were added onto the system by different plumbers.

My only option water wise may be to manually switch off the 3 rads in summer and heat the water and then "use" the extra heat off these 3 rads when the water comes on. This is what we are doing presently.

BUT ... is the house being heated efficiently when only the Living zone is on?

Can this be a can of worms best left alone or can it be solved? I dont want to use elec in the summer to heat the water but that is another option.

Can it be a faulty valve somewhere in the system or is it usually down to several plumbers tapping into pipe work and creating circuits unknown?

Advice appreciated

Advertisement