Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High insurance? Blame this type of scum

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

We should have a look at their legal advisers also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭amcalester

Reading between the lines in that story I would guess that that gentleman comes from a very cultured background.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

amcalester wrote: »
    Reading between the lines in that story I would guess that that gentleman comes from a very cultured background.

2 Mercs? Dole must be paying well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

I'm sure a solictor will be along very shortly to point out to us the very obvious error we're making, i.e. insurance rates have zero connection to levels of payout, we shouldn't post this because Everyone Is Entitled, we are not doctors and should not comment on PI cases, something something bad investments and most importantly The Legal Profession Is Above Reproach!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Its a disgrace, an example needs to be made of a number of fraud cases by sending people to jail, will make scum think twice about doing it when compared to the current situation of just not getting your nice payout and no other bad consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭BobMc

This is wehre CAB and Welfare should be working together.

Sorry Sir please come in for interview regards your means, Explain to us how you have funds to purchase vehicles. While we investigate all further payouts are frozen, Sir here from CAB will be seizing vehicles till proof of where funds where obtained to purchase are produced.

thanks you sir and good day

cruizer101 wrote: »
    Its a disgrace, an example needs to be made of a number of fraud cases by sending people to jail, will make scum think twice about doing it when compared to the current situation of just not getting your nice payout and no other bad consequences.

Speaking of consequences, I think it's common knowledge that you'll have to try something pretty special before there are any to be had, like fraud charges. But in 99.999999999% of all cases it's "well tough luck, better luck next time, now go on you little scamp"
    So for us "normos", if someone bumps into us or we trip over our own feet and we try the old injury-compo routine, if we fail, we might have costs awarded against us, which could be a pretty penny.
    But what if someone who has legal representation paid for by the state loses a case?
    If costs are awarded against them, do they pay, or is this honor bestowed upon the taxpayer?

Advertisement