Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving soil stack

Options
  • 22-07-2018 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭

hi all
    i will be moving my soil stack from the back of the house to the side of the house.
    the main council drain runs through the back garden about 4 ft from the back of the house. I know this from where the manholes are in the gardens on either side of my property. There is no manhole in my garden, only two a.j's for the foul and rainwater pipes.

In my existing setup, my soil stack goes into the ground and there is an inspection chamber 10.5"x 10.5". The pipe then carries on to the council pipe.
    I have the same setup for the rainwater downpipe. I have lifted the cover and had a look and there doesn't seem to be a trap so i think its just a rest bend. This is the same for both aj's, but i thought the foul water had tp be trapped, and if theyre both going into the one council pipe, surely they should both be trapped anyway?

The house was built in 1966, and im in rathfarnham in dublin, so i presume the foul water and rain water drain into the one council pipe?

My question is, i will have to put an inspection chamber in the ground, where the new soil stack meets the sewage pipe, so does the inspection chamber have to be some sort of trap like a p trap or can it just be a "rest bend"? I heard of rest bend here:
    http://www.pavingexpert.com/drain10.html

I will have to connect the new run of underground sewage pipe to the council pipe. I presume i need to pay a fee for that and i might need to have a permit in place or something, so would i be better off finding the old sewage pipe run from my existing setup, and connecting into that and then blanking off the old direction?

Also is it ok to put 45's or 90's underground for me to get the new pipe to head in the direction of where the old foul water sewage pipe is, so that i can connect into it?

The reason i want to get this done now is we are getting the concrete taken up and a new patio put down so i should be able to get at the underground pipe work.

sorry for all the questions but thanks for all the help!

Advertisement