Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you buy this from plumbers shop

Options
  • 22-07-2018 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭

This is a draining valve from a grant 50/90,it is dripping even though fully turned off, the plastic thing on the end i put it in to slow it down, get i can replacement?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Any chance of a clearer and larger pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,232 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

K.Flyer wrote: »
    Any chance of a clearer and larger pic?
    bigger but not clearer

Pic is a bit vague, but it looks like a MT Cock.
    Most plumbing suppliers will have them.

Is this what it looks like?

10224.jpg

yeah that looks like it alright,standard size when i ask for one that screws into boiler?

Depends on where it has been put.
    If its on one of the lower connections to the rear of the boiler you may need to reduce down from 1" thread.
    But if only the drain cock screws out then the new one should go straight in on a 1/2" thread.
    You will still need to seal the threads with tape or flax and some uni-white or boss white.

• Advertisement

Depends on where it has been put.
    If its on one of the lower connections to the rear of the boiler you may need to reduce down from 1" thread.
    But if only the drain cock screws out then the new one should go straight in on a 1/2" thread.
    You will still need to seal the threads with tape or flax and some uni-white or boss white.

At rear ,bottom corner, you cant just unscrew the square turn drain piece and bring it all the way out and just replace that rather then unscrew hold unit?

Have you tried turning the little square bit clockwise to try close it more?
    Otherwise it has to come out, which will involve draining the system to some degree.

Have you tried turning the little square bit clockwise to try close it more?
    Otherwise it has to come out, which will involve draining the system to some degree.

Yes ,use a 7mm spanner on it did turn slightly, but still dripped,will be draining again anyway, to try again (to tight)to see if i get get off the leaking pump isolation valve, used pte tape around screw slot and then some amalgamation tape over that, worked for a while then leaked gained.

That brass couping ring on the pump valve may have to be cut off if its that badly stuck.

Advertisement