Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible upgrade to replace htc u11

Options
  • 22-07-2018 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭

Thinking of maybe switching phones as getting few persistent issues with my phone now.

Without spending an utter fortune what would be a good upgrade on this phone currently out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Have you tried to resolve the issues?
    What about a factory reset?

Anyhow what about the HTC U12 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

biebiebie wrote: »
    Have you tried to resolve the issues?
    What about a factory reset?

Anyhow what about the HTC U12 plus

I've fixed one or two but I'm sick of having keep reseting my phone ya no.

Would ya not be looking at least 700 for that phone no?

Im tempted to move away from htc altogether.

By upgrade, do you mean upgrade, or just a change of phone? Plenty of options out there, but very few can be considered an upgrade, and each would require a decent amount of cash to purchase.

BTW, if you have any issues with your U11, it's still well and truly under warranty.

Basil3 wrote: »
    By upgrade, do you mean upgrade, or just a change of phone? Plenty of options out there, but very few can be considered an upgrade, and each would require a decent amount of cash to purchase.

BTW, if you have any issues with your U11, it's still well and truly under warranty.

I've been with HTC for years there just starting to lose it for me. My old 10 barely has a battery on it at this stage and now I'm getting issues for no apparent reason on this.

I'm not looking to spend 600 700 euro on a phone wouldn't even mind getting an older model even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    I'd change altogether. HTC are on a road to no town.

That's what I'm thinking myself. I haven't been paying much attention to what others are doing last few years though.

It really comes down to what you're willing to spend.

There's plenty of good phones out there today, and very little to separate between them. You need to decide which features are important to you, then look at which devices have those features.

It really comes down to what you're willing to spend.

There's plenty of good phones out there today, and very little to separate between them. You need to decide which features are important to you, then look at which devices have those features.

I've no idea about money yet as only started thinking about changing recently.

Battery life and screen obviously important. I'm big fan of rooting and development on any phone as well.

Camera obviously as its used so often would be a thing to.

I've no idea about money yet as only started thinking about changing recently.

Battery life and screen obviously important. I'm big fan of rooting and development on any phone as well.

Camera obviously as its used so often would be a thing to.

Android has evolved to the point where it's a mature OS. I really don't think there's much to be gained from rooting and custom ROMing. Myself and most of the guys who used to be involved in venom ROMs don't even bother now.

If custom ROMs are important to you, then probably check out what's most active on XDA. Maybe OnePlus is the best option for that?

All flagships have decent cameras now, OnePlus possibly the weakest (but they're also the cheapest). The differences between screen and battery life is also minimal these days.

If you have a decent budget, try something like the P20 Pro, S9+ or Pixel 2. If you don't want to spend so much, try the OP6 or you could even recently get the S9 for €600 on Amazon. I don't think any of those phones would be disappointing, and would feel like an upgrade on the U11 (except maybe in audio).

Android has evolved to the point where it's a mature OS. I really don't think there's much to be gained from rooting and custom ROMing. Myself and most of the guys who used to be involved in venom ROMs don't even bother now.

If custom ROMs are important to you, then probably check out what's most active on XDA. Maybe OnePlus is the best option for that?

All flagships have decent cameras now, OnePlus possibly the weakest (but they're also the cheapest). The differences between screen and battery life is also minimal these days.

If you have a decent budget, try something like the P20 Pro, S9+ or Pixel 2. If you don't want to spend so much, try the OP6 or you could even recently get the S9 for €600 on Amazon. I don't think any of those phones would be disappointing, and would feel like an upgrade on the U11 (except maybe in audio).

Cheers I'll have look around!

But if I could sort out the issue with connecting my phone to pc would hold me off for bit longer!

• Advertisement

Cheers I'll have look around!

But if I could sort out the issue with connecting my phone to pc would hold me off for bit longer!

I'll answer you in the other thread with a couple more ideas regarding that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 domin0311

Onepleus 6 is really good phone for the price you pay. I would go with that.

I know you ended up going for a Sammy, but I just bought my OH a Huawei Mate 10 Pro for £380 on Amazon today. 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM. Amazing battery life and decent camera apparently.

Looking forward to seeing what it's like.

I know you ended up going for a Sammy, but I just bought my OH a Huawei Mate 10 Pro for £380 on Amazon today. 6GB RAM, 128GB ROM. Amazing battery life and decent camera apparently.

Looking forward to seeing what it's like.

There making some great phones selling a ton as well! Interesting to see how good they can get.

Advertisement