Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dyson V10 Absolute cordless vacuum

Options
  • 22-07-2018 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi,
    Does anyone know a way to get this Dyson for less than €500, I can't find it anywhere cheaper?
    Thanks!!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Sometimes if you try calling Dyson and say you have an old machine it would like to buy a new one they’ll do you a deal....

Failing that Dyson do good deals on Black Friday but that’s a few months away...

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kathune

You can get 10% discount in power city if you have access to Energia extra or 123 plus.
    There may be more reward programs offer same discount but I am only aware of the above two.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

BTW, does anyone think it is worth spending €400+ on a "hoover"

• Registered Users Posts: 17 kathune

I got my V10 recently and I really like it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BarryM wrote: »
    BTW, does anyone think it is worth spending €400+ on a "hoover"

Your investing in it in fairness.
    I spent €250 on my Dyson DC08 back in 2006 when it was on offer in Tesco. It is still ‘sucking like a good thing’ today.

That’s after 2 house moves and the normal clean up after having builders in gutting and renovating a the house.

I also have a Dyson V8 as the handy go to hoover in the utility and I couldn’t be without it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,180 ✭✭✭k123456

search on HUKD for "Dyson"

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

Bought a Dyson V6 Animal two years ago. We have two long haired dogs. Total nightmare hairs getting into the brush motor mechanism and stopping motor. No user serviceable parts. Head replaced three times under warranty. If you have a long haired animal don't buy this. I still use my trusted Miele chorded vacuum. It was a waste of money as Dyson and DID would not give me a refund. My sister had the same problem with the brush head hers was replaced. She did not have a long haired dog but she has two long haired daughters .

vulmac wrote: »
    Bought a Dyson V6 Animal two years ago. We have two long haired dogs. Total nightmare hairs getting into the brush motor mechanism and stopping motor. No user serviceable parts. Head replaced three times under warranty. If you have a long haired animal don't buy this. I still use my trusted Miele chorded vacuum. It was a waste of money as Dyson and DID would not give me a refund. My sister had the same problem with the brush head hers was replaced. She did not have a long haired dog but she has two long haired daughters .

You are supposed to remove the brush head motor after a heavy use and remove all that hair. Considering your useage would be above normal, id be checking it after every full clean.

The brush head just removed with a flat head or coin and you can remove all the hair that wraps around the brush head easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭vulmac

That brush head was cleaned after every operation. The problem was the hairs getting into the brush drive motor . This has no user serviceable parts. Needless to say I dismantled it and you can see from the images what I am referring to

vulmac wrote: »
    That brush head was cleaned after every operation. The problem was the hairs getting into the brush drive motor . This has no user serviceable parts. Needless to say I dismantled it and you can see from the images what I am referring to

Wow, that’s bad alright.
    I had the older handheld animal for years, then the V6 and now the V8 but I’ve never had it clog up like that in me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Cheers!

So just in case anyone is interested, I was going to wait for the black Friday sales but instead a friend recommended the Dibea C17 & I got it on Amazon for €125 & it'd really good. There's a couple of reviews online but for the price I think it's great!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CY6KV3J/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_.kcMBb6VYNX5R

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Blondie79

Just a note we have a V6 and to be honest think I would try THe Shark vacums they get great reviews.

Advertisement