Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese fairings / parts

Options
  • 22-07-2018 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

I have a little project in mind for my BMW GSA for the winter. I plan on making a spare set of fairings in a different colour to the black original.

Instead of undoing the good work by my wife and removing the plastic wrap on the original body work I'm thinking of buying a new, second hand or replica set and either painting it or wrapping it.

After looking around for a while I haven't come across any decent second hand sets, only Chinese reproduction kit. How is the quality of these eBay Chinese stuff these days ? Has anyone recent experience with them ?

This is one that came up

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/192477685810

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,915 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

All I know is that the quality of spurious parts can vary from OEM standard to worse than a crash damaged part. So do your research, a saving on the part can easily disappear if it doesn't fit correctly and returns to China will be expensive if they even take them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I've no experience of their plastics, but my steering damper (Z1000) and my wind defector has been brilliant. And my son replaced a Delkevic can on his old ER6 with a Chinese Akro copy and the engineering on that was sublime.

I know racers who was using Chinese steering dampers and end can's now.

Not related to motorbikes, but there are a lot of serious cyclists (yes I'm a cyclist too) are using Chinese carbon frames and saving a packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

guy in Aughrim Co Wicklow always has loads of parts Merlin 040236323

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

decky1 wrote: »
    guy in Aughrim Co Wicklow always has loads of parts Merlin 040236323

Dont rembering him saying he won the lotto...............:D

I got a full set of fireblade fairings from china...they were all sprayed up and fitted perfectly...no issues whatsoever....theyre made from the same moulds that honda used...;)

Advertisement