Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sun Cream

Options
  • 22-07-2018 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi,

Any sun cream deals out there now? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jonosam

McCabe's Pharmacy are selling a lot of their creams of at half price.

IrishGaz wrote: »
    Hi,

Any sun cream deals out there now? Thanks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

A lot of the boots soltan is on offer, kids factor 50 is only 5€ and 5 star for uv

• Subscribers Posts: 41,012 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Don't scrimp on sun cream.

Make sure it does both uva and uvb

Aldi brand is very very good for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭snowcat

wellnessmama.com/55366/sunscreen-is-harmful/

Don't skimp on sunscreen. Price is not everything. Check the ingredients for nasty or cancer linked substances. Get an organic one from a health store or wear a t shirt and hat..

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

Lloyds pharmacy have it on sale too at the moment.

P20 F50 is €20, great value and great for kids. Single application will last up to 10hrs or so says the box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭IrishGaz

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Any creams less than 100ml ??? Am on carryon baggage only and was looking for something to keep us going til we buy proper size when we arrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tipperary animal lover

Masala wrote: »
    Any creams less than 100ml ??? Am on carryon baggage only and was looking for something to keep us going til we buy proper size when we arrive

Dealz have the small size Malibu brand

• Registered Users Posts: 28,391 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

nitros7 wrote: »
    Lloyds pharmacy have it on sale too at the moment.

P20 F50 is €20, great value and great for kids. Single application will last up to 10hrs or so says the box!

Try Aldi's Calypso "Once A Day", does the same job, has good reviews and only €6.99

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Lidl have had all their suncreams/aftersun for 3.99 for ages (haven't noticed them lately but i haven't been looking). I use the sports spray f30 and it's fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,396 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Aldi,Lidl and the Tesco soleil brand is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

get small pots and fill several. When the ban was fairly new I saw people binning their suncream, I got several of the plastic bags, which were free and squirted a bit into several of them and was let through, the customs woman was very impressed with the idea! surprised she had not seen it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

rubadub wrote: »
    get small pots and fill several. When the ban was fairly new I saw people binning their suncream, I got several of the plastic bags, which were free and squirted a bit into several of them and was let through, the customs woman was very impressed with the idea! surprised she had not seen it before.

Not any more..... most airports are 1 bag per person. Wife and myself tried to bring 3 bags thru Dublin last month and they pulled us on it.... so all out into 2 bags. She also wants us to seal the bags but we couldn't due to the size of the items... but when we held up the queue long enough she relented!!! Bloody Nazis

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Not any more..... most airports are 1 bag per person.
    Dublin airport is 1 bag, but this can contain many containers
    Only liquids in containers of 100ml capacity or less, fitting comfortably into a one litre transparent plastic bag (approximately 20cm x 20cm) when fully closed, are permitted. This transparent bag, with containers of 100ml should then be presented at the passenger security screening area.
    I could have fit loads of bags containing a squirt of suncream into a single bag that size. I think they might charge for bags now, back then I made sure not to be over 100ml, showed up how stupid the whole thing was. My friends were laughing but once over there with the sun blazing they were sheepishly asking "any of those bags left?"

I was recommending small pots. Also if you buy suncream over there you can refill the ones you used, or bring spare empties.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Tippgirl74

Maybe not a bargain per se ...but sun sticks are great for travelling by plane as they do not count as liquids. The no.7 ones are lovely and are 2 for 25euro in boots at the moment.

https://www.boots.ie/no7/no7-suncare/no7-protect-perfect-intense-advanced-sun-protection-stick-spf50-10229619

Advertisement