Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Surf Vans

• 22-07-2018 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ noserider

Hey people,

Buying a van that must fit longboards.
    Anyone got any experience of this?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ SSr0

How big of a long board?

Does it have to fit inside?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ noserider

9' 1"-9'6"
    Defo has to fit inside

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 31,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo

Anything the size of a transit, hiace or transporter should be fine I would think. Even if you want to go smaller and don't have passengers you can fit a 9'6 in a Berlingo or Partner if you drop the passenger seat and put the nose on the dash.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ noserider

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anything the size of a transit, hiace or transporter should be fine I would think. Even if you want to go smaller and don't have passengers you can fit a 9'6 in a Berlingo or Partner if you drop the passenger seat and put the nose on the dash.

With the smaller van, berlingo/caddy, is the cab not separated from behind with a steel mesh?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 31,246 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭ Mickeroo

noserider wrote: »
    With the smaller van, berlingo/caddy, is the cab not separated from behind with a steel mesh?

Some of them might be but I've had both a Berlingo and a Partner and neither of them were. The drivers side has metal bars behind it but the passenger side is completely open.

• Advertisement
Advertisement