Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acupuncture for fertility

Options
  • 22-07-2018 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hey ladies,
    I'm looking to hear from anyone who's tried acupuncture.

Has it helped with AF in terms of less cramps and more regular? Helped with ovulation? And any other hormonal symptoms?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hey ladies,

Has it helped with AF in terms of less cramps and more regular? Helped with ovulation? And any other hormonal symptoms?

I've been going to accupunture for the past 4 months, recently I've found I don't get sore boobs anymore and less crampy in this cycle.

TMI In the next sentence...Ive also found my periods have less clots and I have a better flow..I'll stop now :-)

Anyway The main thing I've found accupunture helpful with is understanding my bbt temp chart, she reviews it with me at every app, and recently identified my thyroid might be off, got mine tested and yep it's a bit low so working on that. She's also recommended a few supplements and I'm really feeling a difference in energy levels and general overall health. I've gotten more info going to accupunture then I have going to a fertility clinic.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sunsetbeachfan

Shelibean wrote: »
    I've been going to accupunture for the past 4 months, recently I've found I don't get sore boobs anymore and less crampy in this cycle.

TMI In the next sentence...Ive also found my periods have less clots and I have a better flow..I'll stop now :-)

Anyway The main thing I've found accupunture helpful with is understanding my bbt temp chart, she reviews it with me at every app, and recently identified my thyroid might be off, got mine tested and yep it's a bit low so working on that. She's also recommended a few supplements and I'm really feeling a difference in energy levels and general overall health. I've gotten more info going to accupunture then I have going to a fertility clinic.

Thanks for all the information, delighted it's helped you in different ways. Hope it works for me too! I find it relaxing anyway to lie there, soft music etc

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

I definitely found acupuncture brilliant. I had it regularly on my first pregnancy and I've since moved house/location and not having it on this pregnancy and I really miss it. Found it really helped with hormones, breast soreness, and I generally just felt a lot better having it regularly.

I definitely found acupuncture brilliant. I had it regularly on my first pregnancy and I've since moved house/location and not having it on this pregnancy and I really miss it. Found it really helped with hormones, breast soreness, and I generally just felt a lot better having it regularly.
    Amazing to hear! So glad it helped you thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

Hey ladies,

Hi sunsetbeachfan,
    I've been doing it for about 4-5 weeks now, I think I have had 4 sessions alongisse taking chinese herbs. We are actively ttc but I was just over a failed round of IVF when I began the acupuncture.
    First period after the IVF and before acupuncture was fine, lighter than usual but this was expected as I had a very thin lining of the womb when they were scanning me for potential implantation. The following AF, the first full cycle after IVF and after beginning acupuncture was also lighter, less cramps and painless. Medium flow for 2 days then heavy to light spotting over 3 days, this was lighter than usual.

The week before it arrived though I had the worst PMS I have had in years or maybe ever. I don't know if that is associated with the hormones from the IVF or something else though. Stressed and angry for a couple of days then on the verge of tears/crying for another 2-3 days. Hopefully that was a one off, can't cope with that every month :eek:

• Advertisement

squigglyd wrote: »
    Hey ladies,

Hi sunsetbeachfan,
    I've been doing it for about 4-5 weeks now, I think I have had 4 sessions alongisse taking chinese herbs. We are actively ttc but I was just over a failed round of IVF when I began the acupuncture.
    First period after the IVF and before acupuncture was fine, lighter than usual but this was expected as I had a very thin lining of the womb when they were scanning me for potential implantation. The following AF, the first full cycle after IVF and after beginning acupuncture was also lighter, less cramps and painless. Medium flow for 2 days then heavy to light spotting over 3 days, this was lighter than usual.

The week before it arrived though I had the worst PMS I have had in years or maybe ever. I don't know if that is associated with the hormones from the IVF or something else though. Stressed and angry for a couple of days then on the verge of tears/crying for another 2-3 days. Hopefully that was a one off, can't cope with that every month :eek:
    I find it hard to know whether I'm upset for hormonal reasons or upset because of circumstances. I had to stop the Chinese herbs as it was so expensive like 55 a month plus can't take them with metformin. I had 70 tiny tablets to take am and pm or else you can take the tea which tastes awful.
    Find it strange how much money it costs when clomid and metformin are much cheaper.
    I'll post here if I get any results. I've had two sessions so far no effects other than feeling relaxed after.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 squigglyd

I'm not finding the tea too bad and the guy I go to does them at cost price so it costs €15 per fortnight for them plus the cost of the acupuncture. My VHI also covers €25 per visit up to 7 visits so that kinda swung it for me to try it out. I don't mind the taste of the herbs, I got used to it fairly quick though I suppose everyone could be on different ones. Not on any medication at the moment so that is not a concern. I just find it relaxing too, which is not a bad thing...hopefully it's working away there on other issues, time will tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 so many qs

I'm 35 and have been off the pill for seven months, my cycles are regular. Would acupuncture be helpful in my case?

so many qs wrote: »
    I'm 35 and have been off the pill for seven months, my cycles are regular. Would acupuncture be helpful in my case?

It could be helpful for anyone, it relaxes you and increasing blood flow to your reproductive organs can help stimulate ovulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Sarah1916

Has anyone any tips for a good acupuncture place for fertility? (shortening cycle in my case). Preferably Dublin area.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

This is who I went to

http://willowsclinic.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 15 IsIt Miturn

Monkstown Natural Health Clinic. I'm 33 with chronic period pain due to over use of pescribed contraceptives. I started going 3 cycles ago and I cannot believe how much it is helping or how much it has changed my cycle. I've read a lot of research on TCM and accupunture and it is a lot more welcoming to me than western medicine.

Advertisement