Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chipped Quartz Worktop

Options
  • 21-07-2018 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi All I have chipped my quartz worktop about 3mm x 2mm x 1.5mm. Not an edge chip but on the flat, no clue how done but it’s done. Any ideas on how to fix ? It’s cashmere white quartz. All help is welcome cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

madmac187 wrote: »
    Hi All I have chipped my quartz worktop about 3mm x 2mm x 1.5mm. Not an edge chip but on the flat, no clue how done but it’s done. Any ideas on how to fix ? It’s cashmere white quartz. All help is welcome cheers

Have you got the chipped piece? Throw up a picture aswell if you're able.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭madmac187

Have you got the chipped piece? Throw up a picture aswell if you're able.

Nope don’t have it tbh I think it may have been repaired prior because it’s so small and it is like resin was placed on it to level it if you get me. Il photo when I go home but doubt it will come out it’s thats small.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare

madmac187 wrote: »
    Nope don’t have it tbh I think it may have been repaired prior because it’s so small and it is like resin was placed on it to level it if you get me. Il photo when I go home but doubt it will come out it’s thats small.

If you don't have the chip I'd suggest cleaning the area with a toothbrush or similar and a simple mix of washing up liquid and hot water to get all the grime and grease out, clean after with just hot water and then dry with a hairdryer, a run of a hoover then to pick up any small debris that may remain. Clear super glue applied into the hole with as little overspill as possible and then a Stanley blade gently kept flush to the area around the hole without scratching the stone or damaging the finish, run that gently over the glue when the glue is tacky but not fully solid. This may not give you an adequate finish on the glue so allow it fully harden then gently go over it with the very lightest sandpaper you can aquire, don't over do it. I haven't done this type of work in circa 15years so maybe there are new better ways of repairing but that's how we would have repaired a small chip anyway. Hope that helps.

Advertisement