Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Void phone warranty by unlocking phone online?

Options
  • 21-07-2018 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

I've read contradicting statements about this and i'm wondering if buying a phone from say, three and unlocking it to use on a different network will void the warranty should there be any issues with the phone needing repair? The manufacturers 1-2 year warranty

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It shouldn't really make an odds unless you've flashed it. If it goes for repair it will be reclocked when it comes back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Shazamm

It shouldn't really make an odds unless you've flashed it. If it goes for repair it will be reclocked when it comes back.

Ya. Even when unlocked via imei? I was told by carphone warehouse that it would void the warranty today

• Registered Users Posts: 28,118 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Shazamm wrote: »
    Ya. Even when unlocked via imei? I was told by carphone warehouse that it would void the warranty today

There clowns don't mind them.

Advertisement