Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a VPN server - is it at all possible with Vodafone broadband?

Options
  • 20-07-2018 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

As I understand the security risks with port forwarding, I wish to be able to access my ip cctv cameras thought the web while I am away from the house. I have vodafone broadband and of course they don't really help with VPN setup. I've gone and bought a router (TP link archer) with the intention of setting up a vpn server on it. However o have been unable to connect this 3rd party router to the web.

Hopefully somebody out there will see this and offer some help? I'm a bit clueless but could follow some instructions, I just can't find anything or any help on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

What service do you have?

A good cohort of TP routers lack a crucial feature for use with contemporary connections. Which archer is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭kifi

ED E wrote: »
    What service do you have?

A good cohort of TP routers lack a crucial feature for use with contemporary connections. Which archer is it?

It's the ac 1750 model. My broadband get about 40 Mbps download speed if that helps isolate the type I'm getting

Advertisement