Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GolfBuddy VTX

Options
  • 20-07-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Finally looking to update my S1 watch and have been looking at the new GolfBuddy VTX . I am favoring moving from a watch to hand held device.

As anyone used this device?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭caddy16

caddy16 wrote: »
    Hey folks,

Finally looking to update my S1 watch and have been looking at the new GolfBuddy VTX . I am favoring moving from a watch to hand held device.

As anyone used this device?

Any feedback?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,193 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

I don't know much about the VTX but I borrowed a relatives WTX watch a few weeks ago and found out the hard way that it wasn't waterproof. Touchscreen stopped working after it got wet in a shower of rain.
    Saying that, again, I don't know what the VTX is like.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I don't know much about the VTX but I borrowed a relatives WTX watch a few weeks ago and found out the hard way that it wasn't waterproof. Touchscreen stopped working after it got wet in a shower of rain.
    Saying that, again, I don't know what the VTX is like.

Wtx has been replaced by wtx+.
    A lot of faulty wtx have been replaced.
    Vtx is a superb unit. Can't fault it and a very good price aswell

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Wtx has been replaced by wtx+.
    A lot of faulty wtx have been replaced.
    Vtx is a superb unit. Can't fault it and a very good price aswell

Thanks for that. Did you get a clip to attach it to your cart?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

caddy16 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Did you get a clip to attach it to your cart?

Yes it all comes in the box as standard. What price are u getting it for if u dont mind me asking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭gripcasey

I had the WTX watch which was replace twice. Had nothing but trouble with it. I then got the VTX can't fault it. Nice size not to big fits nicely in pocket. It does come holder that clips on bag.

golfguy1 wrote: »
    Yes it all comes in the box as standard. What price are u getting it for if u dont mind me asking
    300. Have 150 in vouchers to use so might as well splash out on it. Might even get a few euro for my watch!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

IF you want to go mad altogether you could get the Garmin Approach Z80 if you have a spare 600e or so! (looks fab bit of kit mind)

Back onm topic, only one guy I know with the VTX and heard no complaints from him.

Webbs wrote: »
    IF you want to go mad altogether you could get the Garmin Approach Z80 if you have a spare 600e or so! (looks fab bit of kit mind)

Back onm topic, only one guy I know with the VTX and heard no complaints from him.
    A bit too pricey for me!

Might stick my S1 watch up online, what should I expect to get for it?

Advertisement