Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood screws..

Options
  • 20-07-2018 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭

What are the best wood screws to use on squeaking t&g floor boards.
    I'll be putting carpet or laminate flooring down soon so I want to tighten these boards up well first...
    Thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

flooring screws.
    be very careful of pipes and wires

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

flooring screws. be very careful of pipes and wires

Even being careful if hit a few over the years. It adds extra excitement to the job :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Even being careful if hit a few over the years. It adds extra excitement to the job :)

havent we all. im kind of an expert at finding pipes.

i once walked into a room to jack hammer a big channel pope new pipes. no reason for any pipes to be in the floor. first point i start and bang ...mains pressure .

first nail out of my second fix nail gun and found water. i was nailing on a bit of ply on a stairs to recover the treads. plumber had ran pipe up the underside and been covered off.

Advertisement