Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment 2018

• 20-07-2018 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I got into category B of the Garda Recruitment stage 1 process. I didn’t get into the first 900 candidates to be called so I’m just wondering what does it mean to get into category B? I’m number 1619 so is there a chance I will still be called?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Kf0701 wrote: »
    I got into category B of the Garda Recruitment stage 1 process. I didn’t get into the first 900 candidates to be called so I’m just wondering what does it mean to get into category B? I’m number 1619 so is there a chance I will still be called?

From what I've been able to find online we should be in with a chance..

There was a post on one of the threads saying they knew someone who scored in the 2000s who is now a Guard..

I saw a post on reddit from 2 years ago saying 1700(s) was the cut off for first call, and people commenting had OOMs in the 5000s..

At least we're through the first round anyway we at least have some chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭leheaven

I think you will just be called at a later stage, just means a longer wait. You still have a chance as it’s only stage one and you oom will change after next stages

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

How's things lads, just wondering how long the process takes if everything goes smoothly? I'm in the 180-190 OOM.

Gadaves wrote: »
    How's things lads, just wondering how long the process takes if everything goes smoothly? I'm in the 180-190 OOM.

You could be six weeks waiting or up to 10 months for stage 2. Whoever got through will get an email in the coming week to book time slot for stage 2 starting on August 7th. I’d say you won’t be too long!

Is anyone going to do a preparation course for stage 2? If so with who and how much? Do you think they are worth doing? I’ve seen a few advertised on Facebook in Templemore and online etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gadaves

leheaven wrote: »
    Is anyone going to do a preparation course for stage 2? If so with who and how much? Do you think they are worth doing? I’ve seen a few advertised on Facebook in Templemore and online etc

Not sure tbh was thinking about it alright, is it of much benefit?

Not sure tbh was thinking about it alright, is it of much benefit

I think they are good to get familiar with the content and what to expect on the day. There are a lot out there atm and some people have said not to waste money but then there are reviews from Gardai and others who did the courses and are saying they wouldn’t have done so well without them.

Not sure tbh was thinking about it alright, is it of much benefit?

I did practice ones online before stage one and read a load of material about the style of tests because my first few attempts at the practice ones were shocking lol. If I didn’t do that I wouldn’t have done so well. For stage 2 I definitely want to up things a bit more though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭justshane

How do you know what category you're in? I just got my place?

justshane wrote: »
    How do you know what category you're in? I just got my place?

You get a scoring information link in your message (under your scores). It tells you what scores are in each category and what the average score was overall. If your in the first 900 your prob CAT A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Hi has anyone had to reschedule their stage two assessment..I just can't make that date if I try to rearrange will I be waiting ages does anyone know

Caoimhe2 wrote: »
    Hi has anyone had to reschedule their stage two assessment..I just can't make that date if I try to rearrange will I be waiting ages does anyone know

You should be able to change it in “my bookings”. If not ring PAS, if there is room you’ll prob be offered a diff day and time in the same group.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭howsitgoingboy

Anyone get their stage 2 results yet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭irishgirl91

I had my garda stage 3 interview there in February just waiting on the results now. Anyone know how long we could be waiting to hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Carles Puyol

I had my garda stage 3 interview there in February just waiting on the results now. Anyone know how long we could be waiting to hear back?

For most people it was the Tuesday after your batch, and a Wednesday for at least 1 group. So all the dates you were able to book for your interview, it'll be the Tuesday after the last date. Some people will be waiting 3/4 weeks, some only 4/5 days. Just depends when your interview was in your batch.

For most people it was the Tuesday after your batch, and a Wednesday for at least 1 group. So all the dates you were able to book for your interview, it'll be the Tuesday after the last date. Some people will be waiting 3/4 weeks, some only 4/5 days. Just depends when your interview was in your batch.

Thanks hopefully should find out shortly so

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Henry2006

My daughter had hers at the end of January and got results the following week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

How long were people waiting for from interview results to physical/medical/meeting with Sgt or super? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭RabbitHeart18

CZ 453 wrote: »
    How long were people waiting for from interview results to physical/medical/meeting with Sgt or super? Thanks

I got my interview results at the beginning of Oct, met with sergeant first week of Dec, Super mid December, physical on the 1st March and no date yet for medical.

I got my interview results at the beginning of Oct, met with sergeant first week of Dec, Super mid December, physical on the 1st March and no date yet for medical.

Oh I heard that the medical would be first than the physical?
    What are the meetings with the sergeant and super like?
    Were you invited to templemore before the physical?

• Advertisement

Oh I heard that the medical would be first than the physical?
    What are the meetings with the sergeant and super like?
    Were you invited to templemore before the physical?

They seem to be doing it differently this time around. There was a few people at the fitness test who had the medical done but majority seem to be waiting.
    I was invited to an open day in Jan but couldn't make it.
    Sergeants and super meetings seem to vary, from chatting to people at the fitness test it's a mixed bag. Personally, both of my meetings were very casual and both men were sound. More like an informal chat. Some people I have heard were warned to know about the new code of ethics and be ready to be questioned on it- that seems to be the other end of the spectrum entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

They seem to be doing it differently this time around. There was a few people at the fitness test who had the medical done but majority seem to be waiting.
    Sergeants and super meetings seem to vary, from chatting to people at the fitness test it's a mixed bag. Personally, both of my meetings were very casual and both men were sound. More like an informal chat. Some people I have heard were warned to know about the new code of ethics and be ready to be questioned on it- that seems to be the other end of the spectrum entirely.
    Oh were they from the 2018 campaign do you know ?

Koccy89 wrote: »
    Oh were they from the 2018 campaign do you know ?

The majority were, we had a few repeats from 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Koccy89

its unusual to get a medical before pct, some of it is all over the place

Koccy89 wrote: »
    its unusual to get a medical before pct, some of it is all over the place

Yeah and apparently they are running the PCTs Thurs, Fri, Sat, so there is a big rush on at the minute seemingly.
    Good few failures on the day, beep test is catching a few out and the push pull got a few too. Be interesting to see how it plays out bow with the offers.

Yeah that seems to be fair enough different scheduling and such. Ah ok I was told if I could attend it do from someone. Ok an informal chat sounds nice and much preferred. The new code of ethics ? For applicants who haven't even begun training that's alot to expect.
    I'm still waiting to find out but curious what will happen and how slow or fast things will progress. Thanks for answering me

Yeah that seems to be fair enough different scheduling and such. Ah ok I was told if I could attend it do from someone. Ok an informal chat sounds nice and much preferred. The new code of ethics ? For applicants who haven't even begun training that's alot to expect.
    I'm still waiting to find out but curious what will happen and how slow or fast things will progress. Thanks for answering me

No problem. Exactly, I think it was a bit overkill but doesn't seem to be the standard. I'm sure you'll be fine, majority of the locals seem sound enough.

Did anyone try and get feedback after their stage 3 result ? And if so how did it go ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Michellecc

Heya passed my interview in January with a score of 600 but haven’t heard anything since had an issue trying to get my official leaving cert results but am starting to lose hope! Anyone else on the same boat as me??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Stevencallan

I passed my interview in january too and I havnt heard anything. But was talking to one of my friends he said he was waiting on garda vetting for 8 months so i guess its just a waiting game for us

Advertisement