Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car accident - neck and back soreness

Options
  • 20-07-2018 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,
    was in an accident yest, not my fault - build up of 3 cars and van.
    I got most of the impact as van banged into me and I was sandwiched in between it and another car. My car is a right off.
    I'm unsure whether to go and get checked out medical. Ambulance did arrive and did check the vitals. But what if my back and neck get worse.
    Do I need a medical examination report for insurance ? What if I develop back or neck problems down the line and I need physio etc?

Any advice would be appreciated. I just dont want to be out of pocket with physio /acupuncture bills down the line.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Whocare

eeinke wrote: »
    Hi all,
    was in an accident yest, not my fault - build up of 3 cars and van.
    I got most of the impact as van banged into me and I was sandwiched in between it and another car. My car is a right off.
    I'm unsure whether to go and get checked out medical. Ambulance did arrive and did check the vitals. But what if my back and neck get worse.
    Do I need a medical examination report for insurance ? What if I develop back or neck problems down the line and I need physio etc?

Any advice would be appreciated. I just dont want to be out of pocket with physio /acupuncture bills down the line.

Thank you

Go straight emergency department it will look better for pay out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Firstly, you need to get yourself checked out. Make sure there is nothing wrong that needs urgent attention.

You have 2 years to give notice of intention to claim for injuries, but better to do it sooner rather than later . You will have to undergo medical examination in support of your stated injury, usually one of your own choosing initially and then, possibly, by the insurers consultant

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Contact your insurer, or check their site
    Like this Axa page
    https://www.axa.ie/articles/driving/what-do-i-do-if-ive-been-in-a-car-accident/

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭eeinke

Thank you all for advice, very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

Definitely get checked out OP.

As they say, your health is your wealth.

I believe even if you go down the proper channels and get checked out now, if say this time in a year or two you still have problems you can get checked out again. If in the future they deem it as a result of this accident you will still be able to claim from that insurer. I'm not sure what the deadline is but I'm pretty sure its at least two years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

If it has not been done already the accident also needs to be reported to the Gardai.

+1 medical check-up.

Advertisement