Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace power shower or just something odd?

Options
  • 20-07-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭

We have a triton power shower that was used 2 mornings ago but when the shower was turned off cold water kept flowing out. Wasn't any great pressure in it so blocked the shower head up with some cloth to stop water flow. Couldn't find a shut off valve in the attic. Took the cloth out a while ago and ran the shower. when I turned it off there wasn't a drip out of it. The showers about 12 years old and used 2-3 a days so I thought it might be time to replace it. Is it worth replacing or could this just be a 1 off bit of strange

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,927 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

The solenoid didn't close so the water kept coming out. Usually this requires a new solenoid. Most likely what happened in this case is dirt got caught up in the solenoid stopping it from closing. Eventually the dirt washed away. I wouldn't worry about it. If it happens again it might need to be replaced

Advertisement