Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

back-boiler stove security valve - illegal in Ireland ?

Options
  • 20-07-2018 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everybody,

Looking at a new boiler stove for my house ( solid wood stove ) but the plumbing system seems a bit complicated.
    The manual is talking about connecting the stove to the cold main through a TAS, a " thermal discharge safety device ", which basically inject cold water in the stove , as a safety feature, if the boiler reach over 95 degrees.
    A drain has to be fitted too to get rid of this water.
    My plumber says that this system is not allowed in Ireland .

( to precise, this TAS valve is not motorized or connected electrically.

Does anybody know something about that ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

Hello everybody,

Looking at a new boiler stove for my house ( solid wood stove ) but the plumbing system seems a bit complicated.
    The manual is talking about connecting the stove to the cold main through a TAS, a " thermal discharge safety device ", which basically inject cold water in the stove , as a safety feature, if the boiler reach over 95 degrees.
    A drain has to be fitted too to get rid of this water.
    My plumber says that this system is not allowed in Ireland .

( to precise, this TAS valve is not motorized or connected electrically.

Does anybody know something about that ?

Systemlink?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 oakcove2018

Yes, my plumber talked about the Heat Genie system .

But what I want to know before going further with him, is why a simple cold feed from the main to the stove can't be fitted.
    The TAS valve is provided with the stove, so it is just a matter of bringing a pipe from the main to the stove .
    It's a new build, everything is still open, so no problem this side.

According to him, a cold feed to the stove is against the regulations. True ?

That said, I'm reluctant to go against the stove manufacturer recommendations not to have this safety valve fitted , regarding the warranty... ( stove is German made )
    ( and I don't talk about the house insurance if something is not fitted according to the stove manufacturer ! )

Advertisement