Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexa Geographic Location

Options
  • 20-07-2018 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I just bought an echo dot in the prime day deals and could not get certain skills to work as I would receive an error "You are not eligible to enable this skill due to geographical restrictions."

Now I changed my default address to parcel motel, updated location in the app to the UK and still it didn't work.

The only way I could manage to get it to work was to create a new account.

Does anyone know what exactly alexa uses to establish geographic location?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,598 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Is that information coming from your actual Amazon account? Log into amazon.co.uk and check which region it is set to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Have read through this also ,Its the Question thread for the Alexa

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057668556

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭techdiver

bk wrote: »
    Is that information coming from your actual Amazon account? Log into amazon.co.uk and check which region it is set to.

That was it. I tried changing addresses in the address book, but it was in Manage Your Content and Devices - Preferences.

Cheers

Advertisement