Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Chrome Cast product?

Options
  • 20-07-2018 10:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Hi I’m no tech genius, but I’d like to buy a chrome cast device/firestick device. I basically want the best quality streaming device. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

To watch what though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Sport, YouTube, a bit of everything really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

KevinCavan wrote: »
    Hi I’m no tech genius, but I’d like to buy a chrome cast device/firestick device. I basically want the best quality streaming device. Thanks.

The Nvidia shield TV is the best device you can buy. It runs Android TV and comes with Google cast and Google Assistant built in. It's pricey though
    Nvidia SHIELD TV with Remote https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075TBK232/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_AS6uBbE830PX8

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RunDMC

It really depends on what you want to do. Amazon Firestick is best for Amazon Prime Video, Chromecast is best for Netflix, Youtube and some other Android apps, NowTV is best for Sky TV, Sports, Movies. If you can provide more details, you could get better answers.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The original and best Google Chromecast at €39 (often on sale for less) is by far and away the best piece of tech kit I ever bought - actually have 4 of them in the house now. Incredibly versatile and at such a low price you can't go wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'd second the Google Chromecast at a reasonable €39.

Then just use an old smart phone or your current phone as the media player.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭settopbox

looking to get an android device that can run iptv app and play 4k streams.

Any suggestions other than the shield.

Price not an issue

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

settopbox wrote: »
    looking to get an android device that can run iptv app and play 4k streams.

Any suggestions other than the shield.

Price not an issue

Thanks

Chromecast Ultra 4k?

Advertisement