Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please

Options
  • 19-07-2018 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Hi all hopefully ye can help maybe I'm over thinking things. I'm married over 4 years we have a little boy who is my world anyhow I live in Dublin and my family are down the country I don't have any family or friends here I work I'm quite shy and find it hard to make friends I'm quiet lovely and miss my home place as I've some friends there, my dad is elderly so most of my family focus on him so don't know where or what to do
    My husband drinks alot everyday but I hate it, he knows I do but he still does why do I hate it because I worry about his health and the future and don't think it's good for my boy to see him drinking or drunk also we both in our late 30's and want another child but I keep him thinking him drinking will affect his fertility I also want to move back home to be near my family and to have a better quality of life, finally I'm bored of my job wouldn't mind a change
    The point I want to make is I love my husband not sure I'm in love with him anymore maybe I'm over thinking over stressing about stuff, I don't want to break up my family also not sure I'd be ok financially on my own I'm so anxious I'm finding it hard to sleep
    I'm not a great talker and get emotional would saying how I feel over text be bad thanks all sometimes it's good to get others opinions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Your husband sounds like a piece of shít with his constant driniking. He needs to control his drinking. If he can't control it then he is an alcoholic.
    Tell him he can choose his family or drink and to get back to you with an answer and that he can't have both.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 holepunch

Coming from someone who knows what it's like to live with an alcoholic......they're not gonna change and whilst you're carrying all the weight of worry and stress he's causing it and he's not gonna change, for the sake of your little boy get rid! He's on a very slippery slope and unless he gets help now there's no coming back from it. I watched someone who is my world slowly destroy themselves with drink and there is nothing left of them, physically, mentally and emotionally. Alcoholics are very selfish people and it's not thier fault its a disease that takes over them leaving loved ones carrying the burden, dont do that to yourself or your little boy, you both deserve better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

100% op.

Have a search on this forum..... it is littered with stories about wives with husbands who drink to the extent that it causes marriage difficulties.
    Very often the advise is to cut them loose and very often the advice is not heeded and there are stressfull and ultimately futile attempts to save the alcoholic spoouse and the marriage. 90% of the time it is a waste of time in the end and the OP comes back to boards crying that it is still not working.

15 years or so of experience on Boards.ie PI and RI threads would suggest that it is best for all concerned just to have a clean break with no going back and move on despite the short term pain.

Best of luck.

• Administrators Posts: 13,802 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

TheBoyConor, yellow for uncivil posting. Unless you can post without resorting to name calling, don't post.

Advertisement