Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

stereotypes regarding tcd

• 19-07-2018 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

hi everyone, this question has probably been asked a lot but i'm still hesitant on the credibility of some answers i've seen. how true are the stereotypes about tcd? is it as snobby as people say it is? i've scoured the boards to see what people are like in trinity, and on the tcd forum everyone seems pretty friendly in my opinion and i've seen people say that it's rare to find people who are actually snobby, however i've also had a look at the ucd forum and a lot of people claim there is an "elitist" vibe at tcd. can anyone tell me what it's actually like at tcd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

It’s like being at any other university. The only difference is geographical. Tens of thousands of people. Most sound. Some knobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭Qrt

I've finished two years in the aul' Trinners and it's been great. I'm from what would be described as a working class area and possess quite a thick Dublin accent and have never encounters anything bad. However, my course is quite small/fragmented. I've heard a few horror stories from European Studies but they didn't really relate to the university, just the people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 m04nn4

thanks for the responses! anyone know what the science side of tcd is like? specifically people doing any of the health sciences?

m04nn4 wrote: »
    thanks for the responses! anyone know what the science side of tcd is like? specifically people doing any of the health sciences?

A friend of mine does speech and language therapy and she seems to love it. They seem to have a great bond. Science is massive but it always seems more relaxed and less snobby than any of the arts side.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 usa2irl

um... I'll be attending tcd this fall for european studies. Would you mind telling me the horror stories you referred to??

• Advertisement

usa2irl wrote: »
    um... I'll be attending tcd this fall for european studies. Would you mind telling me the horror stories you referred to??

A friend of mine used to do it, he's since switched into pure history. Anyway he said that people seemed to be at eachother's throats a lot, as in people wouldn't help eachother. It was as if there were limited places to progress or something. Anyway that was just his opinion.

Advertisement