Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring apps from iPhone to Samsung S7 Edge

Options
  • 19-07-2018 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

I have transferred contacts across but although my Notes are in iCloud they're not coming up on the SmartSwitch screen. And only half of my apps have been transferred. I haven't got the USB adaptor as I bought a refurb so I'm doing it wirelessly. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Maybe try this guide...I'm sure there are many more you could try.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-switch-from-iphone-to-android/

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭The Wife

biebiebie wrote: »
    Maybe try this guide...I'm sure there are many more you could try.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/how-to-switch-from-iphone-to-android/

Thanks but there's no mention of apps on there. This has been the problem when I've googled it .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,296 ✭✭✭AllForIt

You can't transfer apps from an iPhone to an Android phone. It simply doesn't work like that. An iPhone app won't work on an Android and visa versa.

I'm not familiar with SmartSwitch but what it does is not simply copy the app over to the Samsung but somehow downloads the android version of the app to your phone and then copies the settings of the app over as well.

This will only work for some apps probably the most common ones like social media apps for example but for apps like iTunes (or whatever the music app on iPhone is called) there is no equivalent in android so that is the reason only some of apps were copied and others are missing.

What you have to do for the missing apps is download from the Google Play Store an alternative. There is no way all your iPhone apps can be copied over to you android just like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭The Wife

AllForIt wrote: »
    You can't transfer apps from an iPhone to an Android phone. It simply doesn't work like that. An iPhone app won't work on an Android and visa versa.

I'm not familiar with SmartSwitch but what it does is not simply copy the app over to the Samsung but somehow downloads the android version of the app to your phone and then copies the settings of the app over as well.

This will only work for some apps probably the most common ones like social media apps for example but for apps like iTunes (or whatever the music app on iPhone is called) there is no equivalent in android so that is the reason only some of apps were copied and others are missing.

What you have to do for the missing apps is download from the Google Play Store an alternative. There is no way all your iPhone apps can be copied over to you android just like that.

Thank you for that. I couldn't get a definitive answer at all on the net. Now at least I can go search for alternatives!

Advertisement