Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

E-Cars on street 22Kwh chargers

Options
  • 19-07-2018 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭

I got a top up charge at one of the e-cars on street 22kwh chargers today which already had an i3 charging. It seemed to charge my 6.6kwh Leaf much slower (it took 45 minutes to gain 11%) than previously experienced at a similar charger which did not have a 2nd car charging (27% gained for slightly over an hour charging). Would a 22kwh charger unit not have sufficient power to charge both cars at their full capability, i.e. a combined 18kwh?

Also do the charge rate taper off on fast AC as the SOC approached 100%? I didn't think it did but maybe this is what contributed to the slower charge rate as I wanted a full charge to cover an additional journey later this evening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Not all SCPs are 22kw, despite being marked so on the ecars map. Some seem to be 7.2kw (3.6kw per side).

Yes, it will taper off as it reaches 100%, regardless of how it's being charged. I've seen ours draw 400w at an indicated 99% (which is probably balancing, rather than charging).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

n97 mini wrote: »
    Not all SCPs are 22kw, despite being marked so on the ecars map. Some seem to be 7.2kw (3.6kw per side).

True, noticed this myself

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

eCars don't have the most accurate map of their own chargers. The 50kW Efacecs are marked as 45kW and a number of 22kW chargers are not capable of providin that.

Yeah I used several so called 22 Kw charge points that were 7 or 3 Kw.

Arklow alone has I think 3 of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,613 ✭✭✭creedp

OK thanks for info. It was probably a 7kwh unit so I was only drawing a max 3.5kwh. Will try out a few different locations and stick with the faster units as getting close to 25% in an hour is a decent top up.

• Advertisement

Tried a different 22kwh ecars charger today which displayed the kWh drawn and the rate of charge. Charged for just under 45 minutes and drew down 4.4kwh at a constant 28amps.

Get Leafspy and it will show you exactly what's being pulled from each charger. Dead handy.

Get Leafspy and it will show you exactly what's being pulled from each charger. Dead handy.

Would I need Leafspy Pro for that as I can't see that data on Leafspy Lite?

creedp wrote: »
    Would I need Leafspy Pro for that as I can't see that data on Leafspy Lite?

I had the pro version so possibly.

Advertisement