Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus 6 / P20 / S9?

Options
  • 19-07-2018 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but I am looking for a bit of advice.

My trusty HTC One M8s is on its way out, and I am suddenly in the market for a new phone. I was never really one for getting the newest flagship phone, but I want to treat myself to something that will last me a few years, while also not going too far beyond the €600 price range.

I want something with a decent camera, relatively long lasting battery, and with a certain amount of reliability that it's not going to give up on me after a few months!

I've narrowed my options down to the Oneplus 6, Huawei P20 and Samsung Galaxy S9, but am open to suggestions of others too! Does anyone have any advice or guidance for me on what I should get?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ajjmk wrote: »
    Apologies if this is the wrong place to post, but I am looking for a bit of advice.

My trusty HTC One M8s is on its way out, and I am suddenly in the market for a new phone. I was never really one for getting the newest flagship phone, but I want to treat myself to something that will last me a few years, while also not going too far beyond the €600 price range.

I want something with a decent camera, relatively long lasting battery, and with a certain amount of reliability that it's not going to give up on me after a few months!

I've narrowed my options down to the Oneplus 6, Huawei P20 and Samsung Galaxy S9, but am open to suggestions of others too! Does anyone have any advice or guidance for me on what I should get?

Many thanks!

Camera on the s9 is phenomenal i have an S9+ and the pictures it takes are truely top class. If camera is your main priority then its hard to look past the S9+ also the screen is beautiful and it is very fast with a battery that easily lasts a full day . But ive had some issues with mine overall i worry that samsung released an unfinished phone.

One plus 6 is very tempting at its price point and is ment to be a very good phone looks good and ment to be a good all rounder. Ive never used one but i had a one plus 2 and it was fantastic. I never had any issues with it and it never slowed down as it got old. Id be tempted to go back to one plus . And its been rated the best smartphone under $550

I dont know anything about a p20 so cant comment on that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

Nokia 7....

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

Camera on the s9 is phenomenal i have an S9+ and the pictures it takes are truely top class. If camera is your main priority then its hard to look past the S9+ also the screen is beautiful and it is very fast with a battery that easily lasts a full day . But ive had some issues with mine overall i worry that samsung released an unfinished phone.

One plus 6 is very tempting at its price point and is ment to be a very good phone looks good and ment to be a good all rounder. Ive never used one but i had a one plus 2 and it was fantastic. I never had any issues with it and it never slowed down as it got old. Id be tempted to go back to one plus . And its been rated the best smartphone under $550

I dont know anything about a p20 so cant comment on that

I've never had a Samsung phone before, but have heard great things about them. Do you think the S9+ is worth ~€100 more than the S9? How do you find the curved screen, do you think it's gimmicky? I fear it would smash easily if dropped!

The real attraction for me on the OnePlus 6 is the price. From reviews it does seem to be the best value for money, for what you get.
    jacksie66 wrote: »
    Not too sure about the p20 but the p20 Pro has the best camera you can buy on a phone. Beats everything else. And the battery life is fantastic.

I really would love the P20 Pro, but it is an awful lot of money for a phone! Do you think it would be worth saving up the few bob extra and investing?
    My brother had a Huawei phone a few years ago, and it gave him nothing but trouble. I kind of wrote Huawei off in my head as being a cheap and unreliable brand, but that seems to be changing.
    Nokia 7....

I hadn't actually looked at Nokia phones at all! I will give the 7 a bit of research, thanks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭xtal191

ajjmk wrote: »
    The real attraction for me on the OnePlus 6 is the price. From reviews it does seem to be the best value for money, for what you get.

You can get the Galaxy S9 for the same price sometimes even lower on Amazon Germany, France, Italy or Spain. Just keep an eye out its always dropping.

Advertisement