Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does 3 Mobile charge for tethering?

Options
  • 19-07-2018 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Does 3 Mobile charge users for using the tether function on their phone?
    I've been a 3 customer for several years with an all you can use data plan. Only occasionally do I use tethering, but usually for long periods when I do.
    I have never noticed a charge or at least a high charge on my bill.
    I don't really want to ask them to find out in case they suddenly decide to start charging me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭Cordell

Tethering it's against their T&C.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

If its continuous and you keep going over they will throttle you but not charge unless its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It's not a good idea to tether on a bill pay service unless it's explicitly allowed so check their terms.

On 3 pay as you go, it's not allowed but not blocked.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

o2 Customers migrated to Three who haven't changed package WILL be be charged - everyone else currently isn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,611 ✭✭✭✭banie01

ED E wrote: »
    o2 Customers migrated to Three who haven't changed package WILL be be charged - everyone else currently isn't.

This^^^

Old O2 plans specifically state the allowances are for data used on the device and any use of tethering will incur charges.
    There are a couple of ways the tethering is detected by Three, both on an APN level and TTL detection.

• Advertisement
Advertisement