Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dog hair cordless vacuum

Options
  • 19-07-2018 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I seem to be losing the war on dog hair in my house at the moment ;) Younger son is crawling.

Vacuuming every day but still seeing clumps of hair!!! Sweeping is more effort!

Does anyone have a cordless vacuum just for during the day hair?
    If so what one?
    Or would a rubber broom be better?

Have a corded dyson for everyday use!

Thanks a mil
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have the hoover freedom one which can be picked up from 60-100. Is it as good as the Miele hell no... Does it do a good tidy up job? Hell yes lol!! :P.
    You just need to allow for the fact that it'll need to be emptied a lot and you'll have to take the roller off and cut the hair off every now and again if the dogs have long hair that will wrap around it. Well worth the money - especially compared to the price of dysons.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

tk123 wrote: »
    I have the hoover freedom one which can be picked up from 60-100. Is it as good as the Miele hell no... Does it do a good tidy up job? Hell yes lol!! :P.
    You just need to allow for the fact that it'll need to be emptied a lot and you'll have to take the roller off and cut the hair off every now and again if the dogs have long hair that will wrap around it. Well worth the money - especially compared to the price of dysons.

Would it pick up the likes of this?
    (this is what I woke up to after hoovering yesterday at 5pm!!)

Millem wrote: »
    Would it pick up the likes of this?
    (this is what I woke up to after hoovering yesterday at 5pm!!)

Ah yeah - easily! You could eat off that floor compared to ours :o:pac: We have runners down all over the place so Bailey doesn't slip so they get fur on them and it handles cleaning them fine - not as good as the Miele as I said but keeps them looking respectable.

Check tesco - they often have them reduced.. I paid €99 for mine in Dunnes

Ah yeah - easily! You could eat off that floor compared to ours :o:pac: We have runners down all over the place so Bailey doesn't slip so they get fur on them and it handles cleaning them fine - not as good as the Miele as I said but keeps them looking respectable.

Check tesco - they often have them reduced.. I paid €99 for mine in Dunnes

Thanks a mil!
    Do you know model number?

Ours is FD222G. If you have a local FB buy and sell group check there. I guess employees are buying them up and selling them on because I've seen them on our one a good few times! My friend got 2 before xmas for €60 each in Tesco.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Ah yeah - easily! You could eat off that floor compared to ours :o:pac:

I'm glad someone else said this. That's mild - I get great tufts of fur that seem to ball together in the night and breed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭CircleofLife

So this might be an odd suggestion, but have you considered taking the dog to the groomers or giving them a good blow dry yourself? Both help with shedding during the heavy sheds. Also, if it's a heavy coated dog, look into furminators or rakes for brushing. Rubber brooms are awesome.

So this might be an odd suggestion, but have you considered taking the dog to the groomers or giving them a good blow dry yourself? Both help with shedding during the heavy sheds. Also, if it's a heavy coated dog, look into furminators or rakes for brushing. Rubber brooms are awesome.

I have furminator and dyson grooming tool. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't have a dog, just a cat, but I thought all those fancy pet vacuum cleaners were primarily aimed at removing pet hair from carpets? If, going by the photo, you have wooden / tiled floors, wouldn't any old vacuum cleaner do?

Alun wrote: »
    I don't have a dog, just a cat, but I thought all those fancy pet vacuum cleaners were primarily aimed at removing pet hair from carpets? If, going by the photo, you have wooden / tiled floors, wouldn't any old vacuum cleaner do?

It’s the hassle of constantly getting vaccum out plugging in etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

We got a cordless Dyson on their eBay outlet fairly at a fairly reasonable price a while back. Very handy to pick up and run around with it. Does a great job clearing hair from the rugs too.

Bells21 wrote: »
    We got a cordless Dyson on their eBay outlet fairly at a fairly reasonable price a while back. Very handy to pick up and run around with it. Does a great job clearing hair from the rugs too.

Have literally been on there looking....they don’t have much at mo v7 £180. Did you use addresspal for shipping?

If mine blew up I'd get a Shark one - they get great reviews.

If mine blew up I'd get a Shark one - they get great reviews.

ohh will look up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Millem wrote:
    Have literally been on there looking....they don’t have much at mo v7 £180. Did you use addresspal for shipping?

I'm not 100% sure as my OH sorted the order but I'd imagine he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

98498_RONDALE-Gummibesen-Kehrgarnitur_xxl.jpg

Much better than a vacuum in my experience:
    - works on every surface
    - clumps hair into nice manageable balls
    - can be used on the dog itself if needs be :D
    - washable
    - lasts forever

peasant wrote: »
    98498_RONDALE-Gummibesen-Kehrgarnitur_xxl.jpg

Much better than a vacuum in my experience:
    - works on every surface
    - clumps hair into nice manageable balls
    - can be used on the dog itself if needs be :D
    - washable
    - lasts forever

got the wonderbroom (rubber broom) today. It’s great :)
    Any idea where to buy a rubber dustpan and brush set?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭FurBabyMomma

Got a robotic hoover in the Amazon Prime sale the other day (iLife V3 I think). We have it 2 days and it's a game changer already. I've 3 dogs, 2 toddlers, another on the way and I just cannot keep on top of the shedding my Rottie is doing. Hair everywhere, on everything, all the time! Saw this robot on special for £101 and thought at that price we'd give it a shot. It's AMAZING!!! It potters around the place and I already notice that my house is (almost) hair free. Plus I don't have to lift a finger anymore! Although bearing in mind my house is mostly tile and laminate. It's not supposed to be great on carpet, but maybe some of the more expensive ones are? Anyway just wish I'd bought one years ago :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I've a robot hoover too and I LOVE it. I just didnt have the time to hoover every day, and it keeps on top of it a good bit. There is also something deeply pleasurable about sitting down on a friday evening with a drink and watching it potter away doing the housework without me...

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭charman

Rubber gloves great for removing dog and or cat hair from furniture/rugs etc..

• Advertisement

I think a robot would die on his first outing in our house :p

Just to update this.....after trying all the dysons in the shop I bought a v10 animal cordless!
    I love it :)

Advertisement