Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DID 50th anniversary sale

Options
  • 19-07-2018 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody spot any good deals? In market.for laptop but not sure if there's any real bargains.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Not yet, they may have them listed on their site www.did.ie/50thSale

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭dball

GBX wrote: »
    Not yet, they may have them listed on their site www.did.ie/50thSale

https://www.did.ie/birthday-sale

• Registered Users Posts: 11,903 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Riggght ... a request was made with no bargain. I pointed the OP towards 2 options.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Anybody spot any good deals? In market.for laptop but not sure if there's any real bargains.

Nothing stands out, most don't even have SSDs. It's 2018..

I'd have a look on laptops direct. I suggest looking for something with an i5, 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD to be nice and quick for everyday use and for future proofing. Keep an eye out for battery life too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

tedpan wrote: »
    Nothing stands out, most don't even have SSDs. It's 2018..

I'd have a look on laptops direct. I suggest looking for something with an i5, 8GB RAM and a 256GB SSD to be nice and quick for everyday use and for future proofing. Keep an eye out for battery life too.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B077Y6VP62/ref=psdc_429886031_t1_B073QSWZH6

Was looking for a laptop myself for around the same price as OP which those specs and someone on tech forum pointed me in the direction of laptop linked above. It is slightly more expensive but seems like a v good laptop for the price?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

Was looking for a laptop myself for around the same price as OP which those specs and someone on tech forum pointed me in the direction of laptop linked above. It is slightly more expensive but seems like a v good laptop for the price?

It's not bad with a decent i5 processor although has a regular old school HDD.

I'd be more inclined to look at something like this with an SSD, so no need for upgrades. If you want more storage, buy a 1 or 2TB Western digital external drive.

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-250-g6-i5-7200u-2.5ghz-8gb-256gb-ssd-15.6-inch-full-hd-windows-10-laptop-2sy46es/version.asp

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved to requests

Advertisement