Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Google Pay

Options
  • 18-07-2018 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭

I have a Xiaomi Mi5 plus and have been trying to set up Android Pay. Phone is not rooted and the bootloader is locked. Running MIUI 10 Global 8.7.12 Beta. Why is this not passing Google security check?

When I try to add my card I get the message "This phone cannot be used to pay in shops. This may be because its rooted or altered in some other way."

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

Could be the OS causing some issues?

Any way to rollback to a stable one and test?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

verycool wrote: »
    Could be the OS causing some issues?

Any way to rollback to a stable one and test?

There probably is but never been able to use Google pay so don't think that will help. I'm getting a Cts profile fail file on Safety Net check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

There probably is but never been able to use Google pay so don't think that will help. I'm getting a Cts profile fail file on Safety Net check.

This is really odd because as far as I know that only occurs when your device has been rooted.

Anyway of posting this to xda to see if they can sort it out?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5s-plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭Euphoriasean

verycool wrote: »
    This is really odd because as far as I know that only occurs when your device has been rooted.

Anyway of posting this to xda to see if they can sort it out?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-5s-plus

Thank, will do

Advertisement