Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Francis Brennan's Grand Tour of ... South Africa

Options
  • 18-07-2018 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭

Starts Sunday July 22nd 8.30pm RTE1 (6 episodes)

Following jaunts to India and Vietnam this time Francis goes to South Africa

"This season will see the production team travel to South Africa, where Francis Brennan took twelve paying tourists on what they hope to be a surprise trip of a lifetime ...

The series kicks off with Francis’s guests gathering at Dublin Airport where their mystery destination is revealed – South Africa. Francis has organised a thirteen day epic tour starting in Johannesburg, where they visit Soweto, before heading south. In the Eastern Cape they experience an once-in-a-lifetime safari experience, followed by a drive down the world famous Garden Route (with a surprise bungee jump) ending up in beautiful Cape Town."

http://www.iftn.ie/news/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4291956&tpl=archnews&force=1

2018717182_Francis_Brennans_Gr.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Ah sweet, I'd love a holiday with Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

EPAndlee wrote: »
    Ah sweet, I'd love a holiday with Fran

Sometimes he can be a tad too much :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Sometimes he can be a tad too much :o

Too much fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

It's Francis time...

Imagine if Francis and Brian Kerr had a baby...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I feel sorry for them Zulus, first Michael Caine and his pals refuse to retreat from Rorke's Drift, now they have to make a living putting on a show for Francis and his posse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Sparko

Francis had me in stitches in last night's episode! Not sure I could take two weeks with him but really enjoying these grand tours of his.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Apparently these brave (insane) souls paid to go on this?

I’d rather be waterboarded. No sleep and 2 weeks of Yer man telling you what to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭Radio5

Find it very enjoyable so far. The group seems better selected than in previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

Apparently these brave (insane) souls paid to go on this?

I’d rather be waterboarded. No sleep and 2 weeks of Yer man telling you what to do!

I would tend to be a bit lazy on holidays, but I did a trip to SA recently where we were being hounded by the lad who organised it and I have to say it made for an amazing experience. We did the opposite to Francis, starting in Cape Town finishing in Jo'burg.

SA is an amazing country, there is so much to do and see, you could spend months there. My only quibble with the show is I don't think a half hour with an ad break is remotely near long enough. It makes their day look awful rushed and doesn't do justice to the SA experience I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I think in the next episode they visit Sibuya Game Reserve...looking forward to seeing the Lions there who made world news a few weeks ago when they demolished a gang of Rhino poachers who entered the reserve :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

archer22 wrote: »
    I think in the next episode they visit Sibuya Game Reserve...looking forward to seeing the Lions there who made world news a few weeks ago when they demolished a gang of Rhino poachers who entered the reserve :)

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/jul/05/suspected-rhino-poachers-killed-by-lions-at-south-african-reserve

“We suspect two were killed, possibly three,” Sibuya’s owner, Nick Fox, said.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Advertisement