Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir DNS issues

Options
  • 18-07-2018 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭

Bunch of sites not working for me today, tried switching DNS servers to no avail

Is https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ working for anyone?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Downlinz

Having the same issue, can't log onto my work website.

That site you linked isn't working for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

same as....

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭keno-daytrader

same here

☀️ 6.72kWp ⚡2.52kWp south, ⚡4.20kWp west

• Registered Users Posts: 23,379 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Sky Sports is down aswell for me.

Delighted its not just me then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Gerard_Smith

Also me. A whole load of the internet seems down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭geminiman63

Same as, loads of sites not working this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

Dns lookups are returning ip addresses in the 10.153 private IP address range for that twoplustwo address above. This should never happen on the public internet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭long_b

PS4 is suddenly failing on NAT - possibly related?

Dns lookups are returning ip addresses in the 10.153 private IP address range for that twoplustwo address above. This should never happen on the public internet

What does this potentially mean?

I suppose theres no point ringing eir then is there if its this big an outage?

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    PS4 is suddenly failing on NAT - possibly related?

I can't get onto one of my mobile apps either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Mine flaky also. Getting through to some sites, not others. Anything apparently in US problematic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

159.134.0.1 (eir DNS) returns 204.232.160.145 for twoplustwo for me. The site is still not reachable by IP. I'd guess there is some routing issue to US mainly.

159.134.0.1 (eir DNS) returns 204.232.160.145 for twoplustwo for me. The site is still not reachable by IP. I'd guess there is some routing issue to US mainly.

(Sorry I'm a bit thick with this stuff)

So basically its "the internet" thats broken as US servers are..."malfunctioning"? In simple language?

pjohnson wrote: »
    (Sorry I'm a bit thick with this stuff)

So basically its "the internet" thats broken as US servers are..."malfunctioning"? In simple language?

When you try to connect to a site your traffic goes through several routers, some belonging to your ISP and some third party. Each router needs to know where to send on the traffic. If one of these routers malfunctions, or a link between them gets broken you see issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 cailin8

Same issues here with sky sports, twoplustwo and egnyte (us based cloud storage)

I also can't connect to any of Nordvpns Irish or American servers. The UK servers are working grand.

When you try to connect to a site your traffic goes through several routers, some belonging to your ISP and some third party. Each router needs to know where to send on the traffic. If one of these routers malfunctions, or a link between them gets broken you see issues.

Thank You very much!

You have got to love that this has been going on for two hours and Eir still haven't said a word about it.

Twoplustwo is reachable through TunnelBear VPNs UK server.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Cushtie

Having issues with Magnet aswell. No service at all. Started about 5 this evening. Couldn't even get them on the phone...related I wonder?

Twoplustwo is reachable through TunnelBear VPNs UK server.

Are the Irish servers working on Tunnelbear?

I can't connect to TunnelBear's US, Canada or Mexico servers. European servers seem unaffected (UK, France, Spain). A transatlantic fibre break maybe?

I can't connect to TunnelBear's US, Canada or Mexico servers. European servers seem unaffected (UK, France, Spain). A transatlantic fibre break maybe?

Its possible but once I'm connected to Nords working servers everything loads fine. Wouldn't they be facing the same issue?

Oh and the only gaming service that currently works Sans-Vpn is GoG. So time to dive into that DRM free gaming library!

Are the Irish servers working on Tunnelbear?

Yes. I got an IP in the 185.108.x.x range and could reach twoplustwo while connected.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭scooby77

Issues here too...particularly US sites. With Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭TheWatcher182

2 Scoops wrote: »
    Bunch of sites not working for me today, tried switching DNS servers to no avail

Is https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/ working for anyone?

Many thanks
    Same issue here in North Dublin at present

Its possible but once I'm connected to Nords working servers everything loads fine. Wouldn't they be facing the same issue?

The European servers would be using different transatlantic routes. I am unsure if all the Irish ISPs would be using the one cable but now there is a poster on Vodafone saying they are also having issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 skulluser

I would think that it will be sorted by tomorrow since eir's team won't be fixing it tonight or whoever's problem it is.

Advertisement