Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet networks, connection dropped and all phone numbers unrecognised?

Options
  • 18-07-2018 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Here's a possibly interesting one.

I've had my Magnet connection die in the past hour, PPOE authentication failure showing up on the router admin page..
    (Bill is up to date, shouldn't be any non-technical issues with the account, been a Magnet customer for ~10-11 years now

I then try to phone Magnet Support on the usual support number (1890 809 000) to get a "the number is unrecognised".
    Checking the Magnet website, it's giving a 504 error, and it's not just for me, other site checkers concur that the server is not serving http.

Trying the Magnet sales line on 1800 624 636 does not connect.

None of the Magnet phone numbers that I could search in Google for would connect.

Does anyone know of a business issue with Magnet that could cause the issue?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭squonk

Out for me as well. Cant access the site and my broadband is down. I’d say they’ve a serious issue on their end. Maybe a power outage or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i'm on eircom and cannot access a lot of sites including electric ireland, who told me their system is dowmn when i rang them.

Hmmmm.....something going on?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

i'm on eircom and cannot access a lot of sites including electric ireland, who told me their system is dowmn when i rang them.

Hmmmm.....something going on?

Ditto - can access Google, RTE etc. but loads of others I can't (like Box.com). Connect to work VPN, all seems ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

DSL connection has returned, PPPoE finally authenticated.

http://magnetnetworks.com/ is also just back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

kwJT3gs.png

Looks like it may still be coming back up (though the fw in that location may have given up recalling to the RAS).

• Advertisement
Advertisement