Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rosapenna

Options
  • 18-07-2018 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

I'm heading up to play both courses in Rosapenna next week for the first time, wondering if anyone on here has played them and has any tips, are there a lot of blind shots etc? Doesn't seem to be a course guide or even a scorecard on the course website. Any advice welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Sandy is harder and I would say no more blind shots that you would expect on a tough links but you will need to be accurate as the rough is thick.
    Old Tom is classic flat links, pretty much 9 out 9 back style (apart from opening stretch of holes which are more adjacent to the Sandy course).
    Some nice views along the way so you will enjoy...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,546 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Id advise buying a guide in the shop, not so many blind shots but a good few blind holes and trouble. Only played sandy. 4th hole for example (after the par 3 over the ravine as far as I remember) has nothing but trouble on the right, only need a mid iron down the left. 1st hole serious trouble at the back of the green. There's loads going on. Super course.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

Yeah Sandy Hills is tough if you don't know the place. Get a course guide and keep the driver in the bag if in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

BOB81 wrote: »
    I'm heading up to play both courses in Rosapenna next week for the first time, wondering if anyone on here has played them and has any tips, are there a lot of blind shots etc? Doesn't seem to be a course guide or even a scorecard on the course website. Any advice welcome!

Played both courses, both exceptional, Old Tom course is wider and more forgiving, you can go driver on a lot of holes. Sandy Hills is tighter and the dunes are punishing, make sure you keep it in play otherwise it will be a long long day.

If you are up that far and have time, it would be a shame not to play PortSalon aswell, its a stunning course and is quite reasonable, the food in the clubhouse is also top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Ronney

Pints in the Harbor Bar in Downings after is a must

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭mighty magpie

+1 on portsalon. think they have a wednesday open

• Registered Users Posts: 21,270 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

+1 on portsalon. think they have a wednesday open

They've a senior and intermediate scratch cup on 18th August. 40e visitor and 2 rounds with lunch. Am up there that weekend but dunno if can make it, would be amazing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,875 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Yeah, I played Portsalon on the way to Rosapenna too, phoned them and got it for €20, we were the only car in the car park going out and still the only car there when we got back in

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement