Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Demand for private educational psychologists

• 18-07-2018 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 30 Sasha144

I’m considering going back to UCD to do either the Masters/Doctorate in Educational Psychology. In the future, I am mainly interested in private practice and do not desire to join the HSE/NEPS. I’m just wondering before I undertake such a huge commitment and cost, if there is still a demand for private assessments and work by educational psychologists, especially as reports are no longer required to access supports in primary school? Would you be able to make a living in private practice anymore or is the role of the private assessor going to become defunct?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 17,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭ The Black Oil

So long as waiting lists remain chronic/high I'd imagine there'll be demand for private input. I don't know the situation on the ground, though.

Advertisement