Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Error Releasing Interface Ethernet.

Options
  • 17-07-2018 10:58pm
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks, strange problem. One of the computers in the house randomly stopped gaining internet for no known reason. It's typical / automatic broadband, yet the system keeps claiming there is no valid IP despite both being set to automatic. This is after I had rebooted the entire router on first hearing the problem (to no avail).

- I've disabled/enabled the (Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller) device.
    - I've tried to renew/flush in Admin CMD prompt, which gives the "An error occurred while releasing interface Ethernet: An address has not been associated with the network endpoint" error.
    - I've tried applying actual IPs (eg. 192.168 etc etc) but this just gives the yellow-caution sign and still provides no results.
    - I've downloaded the latest driver for said device and installed it - no change.
    - I've completely uninstalled it and reinstalled it from scratch - no change.
    - My last resort is to unplug all internet related devices for the night and see if turning them all on tomorrow helps, but if the above didn't work, this is likely not going to help.

What's annoying is that we have three computers utilizing the same broadband, yet 2/3 have internet like nothing has happened. As far as I understand, the machine in question was used over the weekend and likely had internet, so I don't believe it's a services issue or someone messing with the settings.

I've tried a system restore but alas, the computer 'can't access a file' and refuses to do this. If I don't get any kind of progress from here with your help, I'll probably just completely restore windows on that machine, which is never fun for anybody.

Appreciate any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

1. Check windows update history. Anything installed over the time it stopped?

2. System event log, anything telling?

Advertisement